Mittwoch, 2. Januar 2013

Using TeXstudio with git

I'm currently in the process of writing the actual document, my study thesis. Per custom, it is written in \mathrm{L\!\!^{{}_{\scriptstyle A}} \!\!\!\!\!\;\; T\!_{\displaystyle E} \! X}. The LaTeX editors for Windows are as bad as they come, but TeXstudio certainly isn't the worst. It also comes with a neat feature that commits your work to a SVN repository whenever you save your files.

Now, I don't use SVN, I use git instead. So I followed this advice on teaching TeXstudio to use git. First, open your command settings at Options → Configure TeXstudio → Commands → SVN and change the values for SVN and SVNADMIN to 'git'.


Then open bash and tell git to use the command 'ci':
git config --global alias.ci "commit"
There you go. Now you can enable auto-commit at Options → Configure TeXstudio → SVN.
Be advised that these automatic checkins will clutter your repository. It may be a good idea to switch to a different branch before working with TeXstudio and pick/squash the changes to the master branch after you are done.

Kommentare:

  1. Very nice! I was wondering if this was possible, and it looks like it is. Now I just need to figure out how to do \svnday, \svnmonth and \svnyear with git.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Looks like there is a tool :-)

    http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/vc/

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. The link you provide above ("this advice") has changed to http://www.it-bayer.de/git.html#amerkung-zu-git-und-texstudio

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Just what I was looking for.. thank you!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Excuse me, but when you say... ¨open bash¨, what do you mean exactly? Could you explain the intermediate steps?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I'd rather not. But if you're a Windows user, better people than I have already compiled said steps. Please do have a look here: https://ddg.gg/?q=open+command+line+windows

      Löschen